Illumina Trade Conditions Of Sale
THE BELOW CONDITIONS OF SALE SHALL GOVERN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ILLUMINA PTY(LTD.) AND THE CUSTOMER. IN THE EVENT OF INCONSISTENCIES BETWEEN THE CUSTOMERS TRADING TERMS AND ILLUMINA CONDITIONS OF SALE, THE ILLUMINA CONDITIONS OF SALE SHALL PREVAIL.
- Claim period for missing, incorrectly delivered or obvious externally damaged goods – 10 business days after delivery.
- Prior to items being returned to our warehouse, a completed RETURNS APPLICATION FORM, quoting the invoice/delivery note number must be submitted for returns approval by Illumina, of which permission will not unreasonably be withheld or delayed. Please email your returns application form to: email@example.com.
- Returned goods must be always be in the original Illumina packaging, as it was sent out.
- A 15% handling fee may apply on returned goods. This will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Where applicable the transportation cost for the return may also be charged.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, no goods may be returned due to over-ordering or over-stocking. Any signs of damage or shop soiling will be deducted from any credit note passed at our reasonable discretion, in addition to the 15% handling fee and/or transportation costs.
- Under no circumstances must self-adhesive tape price tickets be attached to an Illumina article. The chemical in the self-adhesive could damage the fitting.
- The customer shall in its reasonable discretion be entitled to cancel an order by reason of delay in delivery to the customer.
- Firm or customised orders will not be cancelled.
- “Specials”, “Promotional”, “Daily Deal” and “Value offer” orders cannot be cancelled or returned and will not be accepted for credit.
- When catalogues are issued, all goods are offered subject to being in stock. Illumina reserves the right to discontinue or change the design of any item without prior notice.
- All prices quoted are Inclusive of V.A.T and indicated in ZAR (South African Rand).
- PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
- Trade CASH Account Delivery Costs:
Online Purchases: All orders delivered will be charged based on a table rate at 10% of the nearest R500 of the total order Value. Example Order Value R1001 – R1500 = R150 Delivery Charge.
Offline Purchases: Any orders below R 1000.00 in value will be delivered at R 100.00 delivery charge. All orders above R1000.00 will be delivered based on a charge of 10% of Invoice Value. This applies to all deliveries within South Africa. Should you wish to use your own courier/driver, you are welcome to collect at your own cost from our Cape Town warehouse.
For quality control purposes and to limit fraudulent deliveries, goods will be strictly delivered to the address on file as per your account details with Illumina. No orders will be delivered to your clients/customer.
On any consignment to Namibia or any territory outside R.S.A., we suggest that you use your own courier. Please contact the customer care team if you would like to use the Illumina distribution network for a customized delivery quote.
- 30 Day Accounts are only available to approved customers and can change at any given time. A written notice will be sent out if your account is switched to a Cash Account.
- Illumina’s accounting month runs from the first day of each month to the last day of the month. Illumina’s trading terms are 30 days from date of statement.
- Trade 30 Day Accounts Delivery Costs: Free delivery will be included for 30 day account holders where orders are above R2000 exclusive of VAT. Please note that Illumina will deliver only to the registered business address on file and not to your clients/customers. For orders under R2000 exclusive of VAT, please see point 13. Please Note: Returns will be brought into considerations against invoices and should the value of your order fall below R2000 due to a return without a replacement order, you may become liable for delivery charges which will be added to your account.
- Early Settlement Discount: 5% discount will be deducted from your account if settled within 5 business days from statement date. No discount will be allowed for later payments. If accounts are not settled within 30 days from date of statement, your account will be changed to a cash account.
- Interest on overdue amounts will be charged by ILLUMINA at the rate of prime plus 2% per annum. Such interest shall be payable by the customer on demand.
- While every effort will be made to deliver in a timely manner, ILLUMINA does not guarantee delivery and/or dispatch on a specific date. ILLUMINA shall not be liable for any damages for failure to affect delivery/dispatch timeously for any reason whatsoever.
- All our products are sold without light bulbs. Some suppliers add in a complimentary bulb for your convenience. Illumina is not liable for the quality, replacement and/or lifespan of this complementary bulb.
- Illumina (Pty) Ltd have a 1 year warranty from date of receipt of invoice. This warranty will cover the customer against faulty workmanship and/or material.
Please note:that the following will void any warranty claims:
- Negligence – where the client or the installation electrician did not install the product as per standard installation procedures.
- Misuse – where the product was not used for its intended purpose or used outside of the scope of listed technical specifications.
- Visible damage – where the products are damaged after they have been received and Illumina (Pty) Ltd was not notified thereof within 10 working days of receipt of products.
- Modifications – where the product was amended, adjusted or tampered with in such a way that it is deemed as modified from the condition that it was originally supplied to you.
- We will not refund or replace a product that the customer has bought and received where, in our reasonable opinion, the product has: become of unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear; misuse; failure to use in accordance with manufacturer's instructions; using it in an abnormal way; or failure to take reasonable care.
- Ownership of the goods shall not pass to the customers until the full purchase price is paid. All risks in the goods shall pass to the customer or its agent on delivery of the goods to the customer.
- In the event of the Company instructing its Attorney to recover money or goods from a customer, the customer shall be liable for and shall pay all legal costs incurred by the Company on the Attorney and Client scale including collection commissions. At the option of Illumina any claim against the customer may be brought in any Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction, notwithstanding that the amount of the claim may exceed the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court.
Please note: For the complete Illumina Trade Conditions of Sale, please contact one of our Key Account Managers - firstname.lastname@example.org.